Just a simple journal about my life with husband, kids, grandkids, and extended family. Probably nothing special to the rest of the world, but very special to me.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Some June Happenings

I've been so negligent about posting so I'm playing 'catch-up' with myself.  This blog is supposed to be a sort of 'family diary' but I haven't been posting about so many things that happened in June and here we are into July already!


Okay, first there was Mia's 'graduation' from Pre-School:


Her class put on a cute little show, and then later in the evening we went to Erik & Lori's for a little celebration:
(I love how Mia poses!)




(And here's that pose again!)


Our niece Erin is one of the teachers at Mia's school, I tried to get a picture of Erin at the graduation but she was busy running around so I couldn't get her standing still!  She was much more relaxed here:




Sophie really enjoyed Mia's cake!

And before we left the guest of honor was showing off her work of art with her giant stickers on her wall, and literally jumping for joy on her bed!

We also had another graduation in the family.  Ray's nephew Jimmy (his brother Kenny's son) graduated high school and we were invited to a celebration at their house in New Jersey.  Unfortunately we have no pictures of Jimmy because I didn't take any photos and the only pictures Ray took were of me holding Susie's granddaughter Zoe...
...and pictures of Susie holding our grandson Eóghan!

It was a very nice party though, and we had lots of fun visiting with Ray's family!

And there was also a party in June to welcome Zoe!
Here's Jackie now holding her beautiful daughter!
(I am loving Jackie's new hair, both the cut and the color!  I think it suits her!)

The party was at Susie's house and the weather was beautiful so we all got to enjoy her multi-level yard.  It was lots of fun!

(Here's my sister-in-law Ann [my brother Tom's ex-wife, and my niece Erin's Mom] holding Eóghan.  It was nice to be able to visit with Ann, she's been working so much lately so she's been missing a few family get-together's lately.)




And just guess where Jayden spent the day?!
Of course it was in Sue & Doug's beautiful pool!

Ray holding the guest of honor:

Erin and Ellie

Ray's brother Kenny was there too, but we didn't get any pictures of him.  Here is his wife, Eileen and one of his daughter's Sara:

We also got to visit with some of Ray's cousins.  Here is his cousin Karen and his cousin Linda (sisters):

Here's Ray's sister-in-law Linda (Donald's wife) who did not want to be alone in the picture, so I grabbed Susie's husband Doug (the proud grandfather of Zoe) to pose with her:

Ann, Rudy, and another cousin of Ray's ~ Elizabeth:

Ray's Mom, Helena, with Eóghan and Katie:

Ray's Aunt Hedy with Helena (sisters):

And, last, but certainly NOT LEAST ~
Susie with Zoe:


Okay, now that I'm all caught up I have to make a point of posting more often!

'Hope you all are enjoying your summer!  And I hope you are getting some relief from the heat!
Love to all!

5 comments:

  1. Oh fun seeing all the family pictures. I appreciate that you labeled the pictures so I can learn who is who. That little Sophie is so darling...she's going to be as pretty as Mia!

    Also, is that your huge yard? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I loved reading that you are trying to post more often. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I mentioned how much I love your family...and the photos and the diary that you are keeping via this blog! I love this, Eileen.
    Like Grandma Honey just posted, I'm so glad that you labeled the people in the photos. I've gone back (twice) and read and re-read, hoping to learn the names to go with the faces of those I don't already know.
    Love and hugs to you, sweet friend.
    Have a beautiful 4th of July.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been very busy this summer! It's so cool that you have all of these photos Eileen to remember everything. I'm lucky if I remember to bring my camera!
    You seem to have a close and happy family , that is a wonderful blessing! Happy Independence Day to you and yours Eileen!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI EILEEN - oh my, such joy, celebration of all things wonderful about 'family'. Happy 4th
    Love to you
    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete